Saturday, November 06, 2004

Perhaps the end of an era.

I read articles like this and I have to sit back and wonder, "Is he really dead?" Not in an Elvis kind of way obviously. The man is in a French hospital receiving top medical care from them, not that that is particularly surprising either. I hear reports that he is comatose, that he's dead, that he's improving. I am hoping that over this weekend we can finally see the end of a "sometimes" violent terrorist leader - Yassir Arafat.
Now I know that he has publicly denouced terrorist attacks on Israel and the non-Arab world a number of times in the last couple of years, but did it really help? Was it more of a "wink and a nod" to his constituents? I don't know. What I do hope for is that his replacements can start to work for a change, maybe even some kind of peace in the Middle East with Israel.

Here's the links folks :
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4156860

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home