Thursday, November 17, 2005

Late night madness...

So today is my birthday.

Yep.

I was born at 10AM on November 16th. It's only 445AM so I figure I have about 5 hours left. My logic is flawed and I know it. I'm just using this disjointed logic to extend my birtday a full 24 hours after the fact since I worked from 4 - midnight on my birthday. I worked that shift the day before and I'm working it tomorrow. So you can see how those hours kind of curtail any partying on my part. I'm trying to be "Mr. Responsible" regadless of the crappy pay. I firmly believe that I am being paid a wage to perform a task. With the amount of money I get paid to do it they are completely assured that I will do the absolute minimum namely:

1) Show up to all of my posts on time
2) Wear my complete uniform, clean and serviceable looking as well
3) Write my reports
4) Radio in any crime occuring to our client's property

Anything else is completely beyond my A) Jurisdiction and b) the single digit an hour pay I get.

On the upside I am almost done with What's the Matter With Kansas? which is an interesting account about the transformation of Kansas through Fundamentalist Christian Conservatives and their affect on politics of our nation. I do it not justice, but I am 2/3's of the way through and I have found it very interested without being offensive. In the way an Ann Coulter book would be offensive to a very liberal Democrat is how I meant that.

Back to life "On the Other Job"...

I'm currently compiling all the data I can on the everyday events that take place at work and am making a cast of characters. Yep, this could have the makings of an excellent screenplay. I'm thinking "Armed and Dangerous" meets "D.C. Cab" or something similar about a group of "loveable losers" that all are striving against "the Man" against impossible odds. Except there really is no "Man" and sitting in a car and watching a remote building in the middle of nowhere to guard against thieves isn't really impossible odds... but there IS potential damnit!

It's my birthday, humor me.

Ok, enough babble from me. I'm out.

Oh, for all of you that did not call/email me a happy birthday today: Burn in the pits of Hades.

Just kidding :)

13 Comments:

Blogger the sparrow said...

Happy Birthday, Jay!!!

November 17, 2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger MacFurious said...

Why thank you very much! =)

November 18, 2005 12:32 AM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

you're very welcome. By the way, I have something like 50 pages of "The Dark Tower" left. So sad...

November 18, 2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger MacFurious said...

that was my next question.... Oh my god, is it ever. Comment on here when you are finished :)

November 18, 2005 2:02 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

I literally cried on the train and at work while reading the damn thing.

November 18, 2005 3:41 PM  
Blogger MacFurious said...

Does that mean you are done??? *crosses his fingers*

November 18, 2005 5:31 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 18, 2005 5:57 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

no, silly. probably this weekend. besides, we can't chat about it on here anyway since we wouldn't want to spoil it for those not yet done with the series, would we?

November 18, 2005 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! I hope you enjoyed your day.

November 19, 2005 1:33 AM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 21, 2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

finished :(

November 21, 2005 5:49 PM  
Blogger MacFurious said...

*sighes* So hard for me to articulate how I feel about it:

"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed..."

Can't say much more here, don't want to ruin it for anyone.

November 22, 2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger the sparrow said...

I know, I so want to talk about it!

November 23, 2005 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home