Wednesday, June 25, 2008

George Carlin

Seems my blog is becoming an obituary page for my heros. Well, the title says it all.

One of the greatest comedic minds of the 20th and 21st century is gone now. I felt his passing strongly. He was the first comedian that I obsessed over when I was a teenager. At one point in my life I owned every single comedy tape he had in stores. I forced my friends to listen to him constantly. I played the tapes in my car, in friends car, in their home stereos. He was a giant influence in my love of stand-up and I am glad I was able to see him perform live.

Goodbye Mr. Carlin and God bless you wherever you are.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger maltezefalkon said...

We've lost so many great ones this year. Here's to the man who never shied away from talking about the hypocrisy and small-mindedness that comes from unrecognized ignorance.

June 25, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger MacFurious said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

July 05, 2008 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home