Friday, December 02, 2005

A Bagel and a hot shave (en Espanol)

So I was driving around with "The Currie" the other day around 545AM. I learned something new about Long Island while I was searching desperately for a bagel store. Bagel stores on the North Shore are f*cking slackers and they open at 6AM. Bagel stores on the South Shore are hardcore and open around 5-530AM.

This particular bagel store that I stopped to grab a bagel at (salt, toasted, with butter, for anyone that will ever need to get me breakfast food) also has a barber shop right next door. Maybe this is one of those "you have to be there" moments but damnit, I'm blogging it anyway: I look at the barber shop window and Currie points out that the OPEN sign is on. There is also a sign that says "Hot Shaves" and next to it "Se Habla Espanol". All I kept thinking about was: "Is it really any different to get a hot shave in Spanish?" and "Who needs a hot shave at 5AM?" and "Well, I guess it might be nice to have a toasted salt bagel with butter after my hot shave that I just concluded in Spanish."

These are things that vastly underemployed security guards think about at 6AM after a 10 hour shift when they are really exhausted.

I am such a dork. I will end this blog with a quote from two great men.

"Napoleon Dynamite: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon Dynamite: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time. Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
Napoleon Dynamite: What?
Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me. "

Peace out

2 Comments:

Blogger MacFurious said...

LOL - the last line made the entire comment. Thank you for your words of wisdom. =)

December 06, 2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Red Bull said...

Actually, _Hot Shaven_ became _Bitches with Hairless Twats_ in 2003.

December 12, 2005 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home