Tuesday, December 27, 2005

On Pat Robertson

What a flaming douchebag. I mean it. I was listening to NPR the other morning as I was about to get off work and I heard a quote from Mr. Robertson:

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city,"

Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

Are you fucking kidding me? Because a judge decided to strike down an arguement that by it's nature was trying to teach Creationism in a mask in public, state and federally funded schools, ALL the citizens of Dover have turned their backs on God?

The 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the Unites States of America specifically separates Church and State. We are not like Iran, a theocracy.

Wow. You have to love aboslutely demented individuals like Mr. Robertson and their ability to ride high on their horses and cast aspersions at the general public for rightfully wanting to keep "Intelligent Design" out of their schools.

This is why we have private schools. I endured 10 years of Theology classes and going to Mass and special religious ceremonies, because that's what my parents wanted: A good Catholic boy with a good education. Boy, must they be disappointed.

Anyway, I don't want to stray too far off. I just want to say that I hope that the next man in the White House can get off the God tip. Maybe he can only use God in one out of every four speeches. That's fair, right? I don't know if it will stop religious nuts like him from making outrageous statements like that, but it's got to help a little bit? Right? I hope so.

God bless you all.

MacFurious

1 Comments:

Blogger MacFurious said...

I too took Biology in Catholic H.S. and did not do as well (85), but I did hear the Creationist theories when I was in Theology classes in the lower grades (2-6). I'd definately say that Theology classes were a little past Genesis in H.S.

December 29, 2005 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home